The University of Zambia (UNZA) is a public Higher Education Institution located in Lusaka Zambia. The University offers both undergraduate and postgraduate education in different fields in 13 different schools.
The University has a student population of about 26,000 students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels with approximately 300 academic members of staff and support staff. The University offers more than 157 programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The school of Nursing Sciences is one of the 13 Schools of the University of Zambia. The School offer both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Clinical Nursing, Maternal and Child Health, Community and Global Health, and Psychiatry and Mental Health Nursing. The School runs both onsite and distance programmes for undergraduates only. The Erasmus+ MEGA Project is hosted within the Mental Health Department of the School. The Project is run by a team of five staff members. The Team is responsible for the dissemination related activities which is Work Package 8 of the MEGA Project. In addition, team members participate and contribute to all the other work packages of the project.
The Profile for each team Members is given below:
- Mwape Lonia is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Zambia. She is the Vice President of the General Nursing Council of Zambia and is a Vice-Chair of the National Research Ethics Board. In MEGA project she is the project leader for UNZA.
- Katowa-Mukwato is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Zambia. She is specialized in teaching and learning of clinical skills, simulation & knowledge translation. She is a project manager and controller in MEGA project.
- Ms Wahila Ruth is a Head of Department of Basic and Clinical Nursing Sciences at the University of Zambia. She is also a lecturer and PhD Candidate. Her primary role in MEGA project is a researcher.
- Chapima Fabian is a lecturer at the University of Zambia and a PhD fellow. He has the Researcher role in MEGA project.
- Mumbuluma Peterson is a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants and a fellow of ACCA. His role in MEGA project is to ensure that accounting and financing issues in the project at UNZA goes smoothly and within the approved budget.